Music Therapy Program
The Kids-N-Hope Foundation provides financial support for the Music Therapy Program at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. We believe every child undergoing medical treatment has the right to receive music therapy as an integrated component to their medical care.
Music therapy is the applied use of music by a certified music therapist to target clinical goal areas with music based strategies to promote positive health outcomes.
Music therapy addresses:
- Pain Management
- Anxiety Reduction
- Emotional Health
- Physical Rehab Goals
- Social Interaction
- Communication Goals
- Cognitive Rehab Goals
- Palliative Care
Who We Support
The Kids-N-Hope Foundation raised $350,000 in 2020 and contributed $265,000 to support the music therapy program at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The Kids-N-Hope Foundation also provides support for the following organizations: Doylestown Health Foundation, Grand View Health Foundation, Jefferson Health Northeast Foundation, Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, St. Mary Medical Center Foundation, Lower Bucks Hospital, Providence Center, KenCrest, Lutheran Settlement House, CORA Services, Catholic Community Services, Carson Valley, Public Health Management Corp, and Special People in the Northeast (SPIN).
In 1996, American Heritage Credit Union became the first credit union in the country to form its own charitable organization when it began the Kids-N-Hope Foundation. After American Heritage President and CEO Bruce Foulke visited the Children’s Seashore House of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, he was inspired to help the program and was instrumental in the Credit Union’s efforts to establish the Kids-N-Hope Foundation to support the hospital’s needs. The first ray of hope that the Kids-N-Hope Foundation bestowed upon the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was a Music Therapy Program.
Various events and promotions throughout the year help raise funds to support the needs of these extraordinary children. Click here to learn about events hosted by the Kids-N-Hope Foundation.
2021 Press Releases
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Raises $25,000 at their 17th Annual Car Show
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Raises $30,000 during their 25 Miles in My Shoes Walk-A-Thon
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation’s raises $75,000 during their 1200 Spokes for Hope Tour Bike-A-Thon
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Celebrates 25 Years of Music Therapy and Child Life Services
2020 Press Releases
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Reaches $2 Million in Donations to CHOP
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation’s Raises $30,000 at their 25 Miles in My Shoes Walk-A-Thon
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation’s Raises $75,000 during their 1200 Spokes For Hope Tour Bike-A-Thon
2019 Press Releases
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Raises Over $103,000 at its 24th Annual Golf Classic
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Raises $9,000 During its Inaugural Bingo Event
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Donates Interactive Robot to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Raises $82,000 at their 26th Annual Gelatin Olympics
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation raises over $14000 for CHOP at their 16th Annual Car Show
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation Donates $170,000 to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia